FEATURES & FUNCTIONALITY
Wiring efforts are reduced to a minimum, since only one CAN bus connection is required between all LS-5 and easYgen controllers to transmit AC measurement signals, I/O states, flags etc.
The LS-5×2 relays simplify the applications where load bus is served by a mains circuit breaker (MCB) and a generator group breaker (GGB). It senses voltage and current, quantifies the synchronization parameters and transmits the signals via CAN bus to the easYgen-3400XT/3500XT genset controllers. The two breakers control capability along with mains decoupling and protection features make it a perfect choice for transfer switch control under guidance of an external supervisory control. The LS-5×2 is software selectable to be applied as an LS-5×1 thereby facilitating hardware standardization to OEM switchgear builders, generator packagers, and system integrators.
The LS-5×2 Series is available in two different mounting styles. An LS-522 with a plastic housing and graphic LCD display is designed to be mounted on the cabinet’s front door.
- Up to 16 LS-5×2 relays can be operated in one network with up to 32 easYgen-3400XT/3500XT
- Remotely selectable breaker transition modes: Open, Closed (short parallel <100ms), Interchange, Indefinite parallel
- Software selectable to function as one breaker control
- Internal power calculation with option to feed active power from external transducer
- Phase match or slip frequency synchronization with voltage matching
- Full protection package (including df/dt (ROCOF), phase shift, and mains voltage increasing protection according to new German grid code)
- Segment control for the load sharing
- Event Log with up to 300 entries
- Automatic date and time synchronization between the LS-5 units and the connected easYgen-3400XT/3500XT controls
- LS-5 “Stand alone” mode without the easYgen-3400XT/3500XT is possible
- Preconfigured application modes that simplify the configuration process for complex multi-breaker applications
- AUTOmatic and MANual mode
- Full remote control via CAN or RS-485 interface
- Breaker open/close failure detection
- Mains decoupling “Test” mode
- Lock keypad feature
- 4 freely configurable alarms
- 8 Freely configurable LED`s on the LS-512 back panel mountable device
- Multilingual capability: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Polish